Monday, April 6, 2009

Date: Windday, 23rd, Greyeven

I knew there was a reason I didn't ever keep one of these before - time!

I've been a resident of the Raven Mythic for roughly two days, and though I wished to see them again, Seregel and Kerris have not been about when I have.

Yesterday was...eventful. The scares time I got outside the Mythic rather surprised me, as Dagorel sent a younger fighter out to train with me, telling him he might learn a thing or two from me - the lad was lacking in the tact area, but after his initial fumbles, he was alright as a traveling companion.

His name is Fenuir, and he's supposedly the child of a...how did he put it...ranger-turned-noble? Yes, it sounds quite surreal to me as well, but he was rather serious about it; I could not, however, tell if his father was missing or simply dead.

Even more surreal was the fact that his last name is Stormrider, though from what I could get out of him, he is not directly related to Sai Marca. He claims to know the truth about all of that, but declined to share the information; he felt it was best I didn't know...which only servers to annoy me.

There was much we needed to take care of - chores his sister apparently dumped onto him - so I dropped it, but Fenuir is aware that I'm not going to put up with this run around for long.

Once he left my company to report to Dagorel, I returned to the Mythic and slept for some time. Waking once I went downstairs to eat, and there were many goings on - some of the Teir`Dal took an interest in me after hearing that Seregel is polite to me, and once they found that it had to do with my desire for becoming a knight, the wanted to know what was so special about it.

I sort of blew that one of to the vague truth that I have a role model from the tales about the Knights of Storm, which started a whole different conversation and got me out from under the spotlight. Miss Duvessa's interruption to have the bard taste her newest creation from the kitchen helped as well.

There was a slight shift back to me once the bard - Lady Nuala - mentioned she was a Knight, but not for her battle prowess; the attention did not last long, and I was able to slip away back to my room for more sleep.

I think that's what I like most about this place - I can sleep whenever I want without interruptions! Dear Gods, that is a blessing I never had at the barracks, even on our off days.

Earlier I awoke and had breakfast before heading out; Miss Duvessa was still up and we had a small conversation. She seemed to be in good spirits, though from her comments, I assume that it is not a natural state for the woman. Due to her good mood, she's offered to have one of her girls give me a full massage and such to help me really relax the way a girl should; though it made me blush a bit, she made it clear it would be completely non-sexual, since she knows I'm not quite wanting of such.

She mentioned something about not having a warm body to curl up next to, and I said that I'd probably end up wanting one once the novelty of having my own bed wore off...to that Miss Duvessa offered to have a magical stuffed animal made with a heating spell in it. While I think that would be lovely, I know that the boys back at the barrarcks would have a hay-day with that, and I'd never hear the end of it.

It was shortly there after that she wondered off to bed, and I headed out into the world again. I spent much of my time defending a small group of adventurers against those strange scarecrows in the Northern Farmlands; they all seemed to like me over the other squires there, and one even made many a comment about how I was their better.

This only makes me more frustrated about the lack of a knight - Duvessa has mentioned Sir Latharos, but from her description of him last eve, I am beginning to wonder if someone of his caliber even has the time for a studying squire...

...damnable frustrations....

No comments:

Post a Comment