Monday, April 6, 2009

Date: Darkday, 20th, Greyeven

For doing absolutely nothing I was supposed to be doing, today was an eventful day.

Rarely do I ever slack off from my training, as I must work twice as hard without the guidance and example of a knight to follow, but after another round of reviews, I really didn't have the heart to keep at it today.

I found a torn flier for little establishment called the Raven Mythic. It boasted having a facility that was friendly and comfortable to neutral parties, and both Qeynosians and Freeporters. While I don't really drink, since Dagorel would have my hide, I was quite hungry by then, and my rations were looking less and less appealing the longer I stared at the flier.

So I decided to go to this Raven Mythic, and it was quite the interesting time. They had good food, and I was able to eat mostly without interruption, as it was quite busy and few people take notice of someone as small and as young as I am. Once things slowed down, the proprietor - another Ayr named Duvessa - started speaking about childhood habits, and somehow I got myself involved in the conversation.

I didn't really mean to, but I guess I complained quite a bit about having to live in the squire barracks, as Duvessa informed me she had a number of rooms that cost fractions of a silver, which is something I could afford considering I make little as a freelance squire. We agreed on a room, and I'm going to move in there now that I've talked to Dagorel about it all and have permission.

There was a bit to do about men, and love and such, and I again had a loud mouth and stated I had no interests in men after living with a pack of dirty boys. Duvessa...informed me...that she could, uh, send me one of her girls...I do believe she meant whores, which is just against the codes I've been raised following; it was also quite embarassing to think about doing...those things...with another girl. I declined, of course.

Round that time, a gentleman - if you could call him that really - Feir came into the place from the baths, wearing just a towel. He made snide comments about how I might change my tune about men given a few years to grow up, which only served to piss me off; a nice woman named Iryssinia retorted by saying it's more so that the boys needed a few years to grow up before women could change their tunes about them.

One of Duvessa's girls - I assume - came over to me and began to massage my bare arms, and what she could get of my shoulders, whispering how it was alright to distrust men, as she felt the same. That it was only natural.

This Tirian chap proved to only piss me off further, and while I was glaring at him, a second Feir came into the tavern area and I looked over at him for a moment before glaring at Tirian again. The new arrival almost mistook my anger as being directed at him, until he followed my gaze back to Tirian...at which point he asked what the other man had done.

Tirian informed him that he took the job of harassing the ladies when this other man wasn't here, which only made me want to kick him. The new arrival, however, made a comment about if it was just a lover's quarrel, which threw my attention off and set me blushing.

After clearing that mess up, the roguesh man introduced himself as Kerris, and we ended up in this conversation about the Enchanted Lands. Several people came into the bar and added to the conversation along with those who were there, and I got quite a bit better picture than what the books in the Concordium could tell me.

It was drawing late, and though Kerris had promised to tell me of a place known as Zek, I realized that I needed to get back to the barrarcks, report to Dagorel and get permission to move. The woman massaging my shoulders asked me to join her in the baths, and I guess in my panicking about getting back, I spoke to loudly, as everyone heard me turn her down for reporting back to Dagorel.

Kerris was a bit surprised, but he was very polite and offered to finish his tales later. I suppose I shall go back tonight and move my few things there, finish up my conversation with this Kerris. Despite striking me as a lady's man, he proved to be fairly intriguing, and I do hope to see him again.

For now, I have a bit of boy arse kicking to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment