Monday, April 6, 2009

Date: Burnday, 21st, Greyeven

I went back to the in today, but since I have little that I was bringing, I took the time to train a bit along the way, battling undead squires and the like as I could find them.

When I arrived, I ordered some food and sat with Kerris, who has told me to stop calling him sir. Miss Duvessa said something about how he and his sword didn't get along, and the statement struck me quite odd. Of course, curiousity being the real middle name of any Ayr, I asked him what she meant by it.

He pulled out his sword, and it started floating above the table...not something normal swords do, indeed. Furthermore, said sword began to speak despite not having a mouth, and I felt something strange through me like it was looking into me. I suppose it is still impolite to gawk at a sentient sword as such, and I was doing so...and the damnable thing pointed it out and got rather nasty with me.

So I returned his attitude, basically calling him a rusted piece of shoddy work, and it continued to be a bit of a bastard. I ended up comparing it to my new carbonite claymore - which is rather shoddy itself, really - to which it turned itself into a Barbarian sized claymore. Apparently feeling inadequately sized is an issue all males, no matter form, have. When I pointed out it had nothing to do with size but attitude and honour, it got quite upset, however Duvessa began to argue with it.

All this was interrupted by a woman named Audina, who was explaining the pleasures of being celibate. It was rather uncomfortable to have anything related to...sexuality and the like...around Kerris, and I began blushing so I tried to focus on my food and drink more.

That blasted sword decided to patronize me about it...by speaking to me in my head. This is not something I've experienced in the past, but from his tone and words, I assumed all I had to do was think and he could hear it; that alone bothered me and made me wonder what all he could get at in that regard.

Surprisingly, he pointed out that being a knight wasn't the granduer and glory one hears the bards sing of. I informed the bloody thing that I was aware of such, and that I wasn't in it for the glory at all. This got his attention and curiosity, I suppose, because the silly thing asked me why I would want to become a knight at all then.

The answers are simple and rather personal, but I was compeled to tell the damn thing just to shut him up. The answers of course being that I wished to serve the light and defend my city, that I wished to prove that a female as tiny and scrawny as I could actually be a good knight...and most importantly, because my father wished for me to live a better life than he even if it meant chaning the stars in the skies.

It seems the answers interested the sword. Once he was silented by them, I took my dishes back to the counter and decided to retire to my new room, since Dagorel is allowing me to live here at the Mythic. Kerris was rather surprised by it all, which I suppose is natural considering I was staring at the damn thing the whole time we were speaking, but he bid me goodnight as did most of the patrons and Miss Duvessa.

As I was walking away, the sword told me - rather politely compared to his other attempts to speak - that it wasn't chastising me for being devouted to my ideals, and I got the impression it was almost glad for the answers given.

I told it good night, and now I am here, in my own room where I get to sleep in my own bed that is an actual bed, where I don't have to worry about some smelly boy rolling over on me.

Thank the Gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment